Rules for Feeding the Stash

Thursday, May 15, 2014

WIP: Heartmate

My go-to wedding present is a white lace table runner.  Everyone can always use one, if you already have a few you can always find a spot for one more, it has automatic heirloom status, and if you knit it you can really tailor it to the personalities of the couple.

I looked through several lace patterns before finally deciding what I wanted.  Currently I'm working on the center panel, which is these elongated diamonds.  After that, I'll change to a smaller diamond, and at the edge the pattern will change again to even tinier diamonds.  Then I'll pick up the stitches from that provisional cast on and do the same thing on the other side.

I'm very happy with it so far.  I absolutely love white lace, and I'm super excited for how this will turn out.  It's utterly charming, and so much fun to knit.  And the wedding's not for a couple of months still, so I don't have to feel too rushed to get it done.  Just a fun little repeat here or there in the evenings.  So in between everything else I have to get done this summer, be prepared for periodic updates on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment